Mental Health Awareness Workshop
Wycombe Mosque organised a Mental Health Awareness Workshop at Bucks University for the local community. This was a very insightful workshop on Mental Health Awareness delivered by Dr Abid Choudhry, Consultant Psychiatrist and Samina Ali, Psychotherapeutic Counsellor.
This workshop covered the following topis:
- Common Mental Health Problems and how to recognise these.
- Common substance misuse problems
- Common treatment available
- How to access help
- Why is Mental Wellbeing important?
- Ability to make informed decisions.
- How it impacts your relationship with Allah
- Stopping perpetual negative cycles
- How mental health issues are manifested in our lives.
- Practical strategies to help.