The experience of visiting a mosque can help children greatly to learn more of Islamic faith. Schools plan visits as part of their Religious Education curriculum and academics visit for historical and research purposes. Over the years, we have managed to arrange hundreds of mosques visits.
School visits take approximately 60 – 90 mins depending on the number of pupils. The visit normally starts with a tour of the facility, a brief introduction of the Islamic Faith followed by a ‘Question & Answer’ session.
The children will be shown a colourful animation covering the 5 Pillars of Islam and in our Q&A Sessions, we answer all sort of questions like:
- What does a Muslim believe in and who is Allah?
- Why and how does a Muslim pray?
- Why does a Muslim have to give Charity and why is it important to do so?
- Why does a Muslim Fast for a whole month once a year and what are the benefits of fasting?
- Why does a Muslim go for Pilgrimage, what does he/she do and to where do they go?
- How Muslims believe in all the Prophets including the Final Prophet Muhammad and who he was?
Wycombe Mosque also sends one of its youth coordinators to schools in High Wycombe and surrounding areas as part of schools Religious Education to address the schools’ assemblies and answer questions relating to Islam.
BOOKING A MOSQUE VISIT
Use the Contact Us form to let us know when you would like to book a mosque visit and we will get back to you asap.